9.15.2008

Fashion Week Roundup: Power Dressing

**In honor of New York Spring 09 fashion week, which is taking placing in Bryant Park this week, I'm doing my dutiful job and previewing all the shows. I've rounded up a few micro-trends that have stood out to me so far, and this week I'll be posting them here and at Neu Black for your enjoyment.**

Top row, L to R: DKNY, Rag & Bone, Reyes, Marc by Marc Jacobs
Middle row, L to R: Trovata, Karen Walker, Rachel Roy, Jill Stuart
Bottom row, L to R: Alexander Wang, Jenni Kayne, Elie Tahari, Carolina Herrera

One can hardly peruse the potpourri of 90's rom com flicks without encountering the wide-shouldered power blazer adorning the lovelorn shoulders of Hollywood's leading ladies of yesteryear. The same could be said for flipping through the dusty racks at Goodwill, and we can add yet another destination to the resources: New York Fashion Week. Blazers of the boxy, oversized sort sheathed every garment imaginable from evening dresses to bathing suits. Though I have my doubts the impressive wingspan has any influence on a woman's fairytale ending, it certainly helps to put your best (shoulder) forward. 

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.