9.07.2008

Weekend Recap: Flea Market Finds

I got the chance this weekend to visit two flea markets that I'd never been to before. On Saturday I went with Ashley and Kathleen to the Venice Flea Market. Admission was a buck, and though on the small side, it was packed to the gills with incredible jewelry. I picked up a couple of pieces, displayed here in all their gold-plated glory and web cam suckitude:


Snazzy, eh?

Today I checked out the Pasadena City College flea market with Amanda, and friends, let me tell you: It was spectacular. We only managed to see half the flea market but in that short time I picked up this for three bucks: 


...And this, for fifty (I talked 'em down from 85. If there's one thing I love, it's a good barter):

(hint: it's the desk. On the left. Yep, that beaut.)

Here's another view: 

It's a lovely avocado-colored improvement over my bland Ikea desk, which has been given to my sister for more fashion designer workspace. In all I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend. 

2 comments:

jen said...

$50?! GREAT JOB! and the $3 necklace. splendid!

Mike said...

The desk is definitely vintage cool (just like me). You get a thumbs up from Ham!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.