11.19.2008

There's your sign

I had a dream last night that I gave birth to a child - a concept so abjectly horrifying to me that all the stress I'm under right now undoubtedly spun this nightmare into fruition during my REM cycle last night. Anyhoo, I had a kid, but was so busy doing other things that A) I forgot to be excited about it, and B) I remember saying to the people I was with in the dream, "Did I have a boy or a girl? I've plum forgotten."

The point being, this dream was so terrifying and utterly stress-filled that I think it caused me to clench my jaw like a human Nutcracker all night long and today my yapper is really, really sore. 

Discuss. 

**UPDATE**
My jaw might also be sore because I chipped a tooth.

Lovely.

2 comments:

Mike the Rat Master said...

How wonderful! My question: whose child was it? Was the infant Cajun brown with a frumpy scowl and utter dirty words?! Perhaps this is prophetic!

laurel said...

May it NEVER EVER BE. That would take an otherwise disturbing nightmare and turn it into a blanket-thrashing night TERROR.

Mark my words, Hamilton: As long as I have breath in my lungs to protest, what you're suggesting will NEVER. EVER. HAPPEN.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.