3.18.2009

Unmitigated Joy!

Anyone who has ever worked in an office environment can corroborate these facts: When you work in an environment as sterile as an office (even if that office is a decidedly non-sterile photo studio, but nevertheless orders goodies from the Corporate Express catalogue), the very smallest of perks can seem like overwhelming good fortune.

I've always had a particular fascination - and particular particularity - with office supplies, especially the ones I use for my day to day 9 - 5. Pens are of special consideration, and in the past couple of years, I've really taken to the Sharpie ultra fine point. Typically these come in packs of 4 - red, blue, black, and green - and no sooner do I open a new pack do at least half of these pens disappear.

We recently filled out an office supply order and I told my coworker to get me a pack of these pens, expecting the 4-color combo. What she brought in to me today was beyond delightful.

TAKE THAT, ROY G. BIV!


Get ready for technicolor memos, guys.

2 comments:

j.howen said...

laurel, i totally resonate with your fascination of office supplies, ultra fine point Sharpies, and especially the 12 pack thereof. i got a set for Christmas one year, and i think everyone thought i was being sarcastic in how excited i was about it.

jen said...

hahaha yea that is a good pack. i have many of those colors (and more!) at home. addressing packages is like a little surprise every time.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.