5.08.2010

When The Light Comes


"And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend!
Even so, it is well with my soul."
- Horatio Spafford, "It Is Well With My Soul"


"Our dream of life will end as dreams do end, abruptly and completely, when the sun rises, when the light comes. And we will think, All that fear and all that grief were about nothing. But that cannot be true. I can't believe we will forget our sorrows altogether. That would mean forgetting that we had lived, humanly speaking. Sorrow seems to me to be a great part of the substance of human life."
- Marilynne Robinson, Gilead

2 comments:

Bethany Hudson said...

May I use your photograph of the person standing in the rain on my blog, with appropriate citation, of course?

- Bethany Hudson
http://applecidermama.blogspot.com

LD said...

Sure, just include a link to my site and my name. Thank you for asking!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.