1.18.2012

Get Outta Dodge: Part III


I'm often asked for advice about where to go, what to eat, what to see and do and experience in Southern California. It's true that I love a good adventure about as much as I love a good drink, and I've culled quite a bit of information over years of exploration. Herewith, a new feature on Blinking Against the Brightness that I'm calling Get Outta Dodge. Where to go, what to wear, what to eat, what to drink...it's the blown leaves from my adventures, finally collected, piled, and presented for you to take a flying leap into.

Over the next five days, we'll be exploring the California desert together. I should note that this is by no means exhaustive (though I may have called it definitive, but you'll understand I'm prone to hyperbolic proclamations about my authority), because there is always something more to discover. Feel like chiming in? Don't hesitate. I've got a running list of uncharted territory and I'd love to add more.

On Monday, I'll give you an introduction. On Tuesday, we'll tackle what to wear and what tunes to bring. Wednesday we'll dive in to where to go. Thursday will contain a cocktail recommendation, as well as the helpful miscellanea I've picked up along the way. On Friday, I'll do a recap along with a link to locate the entire series with one click.

Like what you see? Please share it with your nearest and dearest. Have something to say? Leave it in the comments. Want to buy me a beer? Oh, you SHOULDN'T HAVE. You rascal.

Ready? Set...

Here we go.



Helpful links for Do: South



Helpful links for Do: North


 All photography © Laurel Dailey 2012, unless otherwise noted. Repost, reblog, reuse only with permission from the author. 
Special thanks for use of author photo taken by Adam Sjoberg.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.