8.12.2013

Here, There, and Everywhere

If I had a dime for every time I was approached by some breathless potential suitor and asked, "Laurel, what is the sure-fire direct route straight into your heart?" 

I'd have zero dollars. Because that's never happened. 

But the answer I'd fire off if given the chance (or, let's be honest, the answer I'd like to pelt strangers with, unbidden and apropos of nothing) would be, "Whiskey! Adventure!" Then I'd follow that up with a laundry list of exceptions: "Unless we're flying Southwest. Unless it's on the West Side. Unless it involves baseball in any way, shape, or form. Unless you tell me we're going on a light walk but it's actually a white-knuckle trek up the unforgiving side of a mountain because your base level of physical exertion is Olympian and mine is to punch the nearest person in the face." 

We all have our limits. Mine are simply more nebulous than other people's. 

But adventure came a-knockin' this Summer and since I literally had nothing better to do, I answered the door. (Which is more than I can say for the kids selling magazine subscriptions to pay for their utter lack of ambition summer trip to Italy. Yeah, I see you darkening my doorway. I know you can see me watching Frasier on Netflix while simultaneously playing Settlers of Catan on my iPhone. I'm not getting up, and you're not leaving my front porch. Quite the suburban standoff we're having, isn't it? NOPE, I DON'T CARE IF YOU KNOCK TWICE. Not doing it.) One of the perks of my position as Dominant Alpha at Laurel Dailey Enterprises is the ol' Get Up & Go. Texas sounds like a fine time. New Mexico, I'd like to pay you a visit. Oregon? Sure, why not? And when the notion hits, it doesn't take much before I--you guessed it--get up and go. 

I know this space has been quiet for the better part of the summer, and you'll just have to trust me when I say that there are spec-tack-yewlar things in store for the blog and beyond. There are changes coming, and unlike most change which--real talk--scares me witless while simultaneously giving me an unnecessary air of insolence that reads as my basest angry, wild animal nature, these changes are good ones. Big ones. Wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am ones. 

But that's actually not what brings us together on this post today. I thought I'd check in and share some of my more recent adventures with the five of you who are still reading this blog (hi, dad!). All of these photos were taken with my trusty iPhone and appeared originally on my TOTALLY BITCHIN' INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

KerPOW!


Photo by Dustin Giallanza






Photo by Dustin Giallanza





Photo by Dustin Giallanza 


































1 comment:

the style crusader said...

Whaaaat? I'm not entirely sure that I believe these photos were all taken with an iPhone... my iPhone photos do NOT look like that. xx

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.